Niagara 4 Supervisor® Software Platform-is a framework and development environment that solves the challenges associated with building Internet-enabled products, device-to-enterprise applications and distributed Internet-enabled automation systems. NiagaraAX has the experience gained in deploying over 235,000 Niagara-based products worldwide. NiagaraAX was on of the first to introduced the concept of a software framework that could normalize the data and behavior of diverse devices, regardless of manufacturer or communication protocol, to enable the implementation of seamless, Internet-connected, web-based systems. NiagaraAX takes that concept to the next level.
Niagara 4 Supervisor®
The core concept of Niagara is its unique, patented component model that transforms the data from diverse external systems into uniform software components. These components form the foundation for building automation applications to manage and control the devices. In Niagara 4, the component model focused primarily on modeling data from the various systems to create a uniform data set for applications. The Niagara 4 component model goes beyond unifying protocols and data from diverse systems, to unify the entire development environment used to build applications.
- Web server graphical user interface
- Supports multiple JACE stations connected by local Ethernet network, GPRS, or the Internet
- Unlimited number of users over the Internet / Intranet with a standard web browser
- Enterprise-level information exchange using SQL database and HTTP/HTML/XML text formats
- Global time functions, calendar, central scheduling, control, back-up and energy management routines
- Sophisticated alarm processing and routing, including e-mail and SMS support (optional)
- Web access to alarms, logs, graphics, schedules, and configuration data
- PDF report generator enables customized reports to be e-mailed on a scheduled basis
- Password protection and security using standard Java authentication and encryption techniques
- Comprehensive on-line system help information
- Ethernet driver support for BACnet I/P, OPC, Modbus TCP, EIB/KNX, LON IP and SNMP
- Can export archived trend and alarm data to CSV, SQL, MySQL, DB2 and Oracle
- Support for touch screens (virtual keyboard etc.) and browsers which lack full JAVA support